Friday, May 29, 2009

Stage of Grief: MAD

So I guess I have returned to the anger stage in the grieving process. I talked to the cardiologist's nurse today because Grace's saturation levels have been extreamly low today. We haved up her oxygen to 1 1/2 liters versus the 1/2 she is typically on today due to this. The cardiologist is leaning toward the shunt....which like I said before has it's on set of complications. With this shunt she will be on even more meds and need an even closer eye and then there are even more surgeries that may possibly be needed along with that. I knew this might happen but it does not ever truely prepare you for the information non the less. So, I am just stuck at mad right now.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man. I would be mad also. I'm sure this is so hard for you. Hopefully those doctors will figure out the best way to help Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis, let's all say a prayer that whatever has to be done, will make Grace healthy.

    Love,
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about and praying for you guys. I know this is so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexis, I am so sorry hear this news. It is ok to go into the angry/mad stage. I am sure you will get to that stage MANY times during this entire process. I hope that the doctors are able to figure out what to do to help Baby Grace the best that will make her stronger and better.

    Thinking of you!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexis I will continue to keep baby grace in my prayers. She looks so adorable and perfect, its a wonder how all these things could be going on inside her little body when she looks like an angel from the outside. Hang in there, things will work out.
    Lety Morales

    ReplyDelete