Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New week

We have a cardiologist appointment tomorrow. I have talked to the nurse who came yesterday...she said Grace looks very good. She is still gaining weight which is very good, but she has been taking her sweet time to drink her bottles. Last night she woke up to eat and then we both fell asleep when I was burping her. She slept on my chest for 3-hours.......we must have both been exhausted. Today her heart rate has been very good as well as her oxygen saturation levels!!!

Today is also Gavin's first birthday. Keith and I baked him a cake last night. I am sure he is really going to like his cake!!! He has had a rough couple of days, he had an ear infection and then an allergic reaction to the antibiotic he was on. Poor little guy just never catches a break. He ate chicken parm. last night with pasta.....he wanted to feed himself so he was mess..... after a bath he was back to his squeeky clean self!! I can't wait for his cake tonight...and then probably a much needed bath after he gets it all over himself!!

I will have more news after tomorrow about Grace...so I will post then.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great dinner! Hope you have pictures of the cake eating! :) So glad that he is 1! So hard to believe! I am glad that he is getting better from from his ear infection. Poor guy!

    That is fantastic news about Grace and her heart! I can't wait to hear what the Cardiologist says tomorrow! Keep getting stronger Grace! Your big brother wants to play with you! :)

    Take care of yourself as well!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!! It's not a Birthday party till the cake gets on the hands and face and hair and every other surface. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    I'm so happy to hear Grace is doing so well.

    Love to you all.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete