Saturday, May 2, 2009

Answers

I had the cardiologist paged at 10PM. I knew I would not be able to sleep until someone could tell me that it is ok for her saturation levels to drop so low. I was patient and waited all day for them to return my phone call---and this is the econd time this has happened. I know they are the best in illinois, but their communication could use a little help. Her saturation levels had dropped at times into the 50' s even under 1-2x when we were there. The cardiologist assured me that there would be no other damage that this causes. (My hospital friends, if you know anything different please call me or e-mail me at any time--but for now the cardiologist is saying as long as she is showing no other signs of distress, since it is the mixing of the oxygen and unoxygenated blood due to her heart defect it is acceptable for her levels to drop so low without any othe negative impact)

We won't be seeing her again until tomorrow afternoon, this is probably good, because they are going to let her stay like this for at least the weekend unless she shows signs of distress. This does stress me out.....I feel very responsible for her care and I just worry.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Alexis - hang in there - you're doing a great job getting as informed as possible. Sometimes you've got to be so pushy with those doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis -
    I am thinking of you and your family. All of you are in my prayers and thoughts daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Alexis:
    You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers! It's okay to be pushy with the doctors!! This is your baby and not just another patient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexis,
    I am so glad that you were able to talk to the Cardiologist finally. I wish that they would give you more constant feed back. Doctor's I tell ya! :)

    Keep your head up. You are doing great! I wish that I could go sit at the hospital for you. She just has that look of determination on her face! Thinking of you often and passing your story on for more prayers! ~Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alexis.My name is Donna and I work with your mom. I just wanted to let you know that my heart goes out to you and your family. I am a mom myself and the thought of what you and your family are going through just breaks my heart. She is such a beautiful baby!! Please know that all of my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. She is such a strong little girl she must get that from her mom and grandma. God Bless,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alexis
    I have to say to you what I tell the parents of my students...Never feel as though you are being pushy in regards to your child's needs. You are her voice so you can call on the doctor's as much as you need! She is beautiful and your little Gavin is adorable. What a protective brother he will be for Grace...
    In our prayers.Amy

    ReplyDelete