Thursday, June 4, 2009

More Surgery in the Horizon

The verdict from the cardiac conference was that Grace will be undergoing more surgery within the next month. They are going to try to open up her pulmonary artery with a procedure and if her saturation levels do not improve we will be going for the shunt surgery. I have accepted that this is the next step that is needed. This has not been easy to accept, because there are always risks involved, but I do know it is for the best. Today we have NO appointments and yes, I have actually been able to clean the house for the first time in weeks. Keith has stayed on top of the vacuuming, but the rest was on hold until today:) I already feel better sitting in a clean house with no appointments or people stopping by to prod and poke at little Grace (medical people). I always welcome other visiters because they are here to enjoy Grace not do yet another check up. I do not mean to complain about all of the help she gets, but I also just want her to have a couple days where she just gets to be a baby and not a patient.

Gavin has learned to walk!! He was cruising around the furniture and taking a couple of steps, but now he is dead set on walking. When he falls down he crawls over to something and gets back up on his feet and continues to walk. It is so cute:) He looks so happy and proud of himself. I do believe he is pleased with his work. He also can reach all of the door nobs now, so it is officially time to safety proof the whole house. He is truely amazing!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a good day - it's good to hear! A clean house? What's that. I keep putting mine off until I'm done with school for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any procedure that will help Grace be a healthy baby is a good thing.

    Alexis, my wish for you is to be able to have a normal day with your family. It hasn't been easy to do all that's required to take care of Grace and you are doing a stand-up job!

    Love,
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! A day with your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Gavin! I hope that you got to really enjoy your family time with the kids and no appointments. How is Grace doing now? How are YOU doing????

    ReplyDelete