Friday, May 22, 2009

A couple of days..

We have made it through 1 cardiology appointment and 1 ped. appointment and we have 1 nursing appointment for tomorrow. So far all has gone well. No more recent blue spells. The cardiologist did another echo and explained to me the complications that we still face. We are waiting to see if her heart will compensate a little better with the complications over time. He said if her oxygen saturation levels improve it means her heart is compensating if not then we are looking at more surgery. He told me it could be weeks or months before we know what we are going to do, but it the mean time Grace can NOT get sick and we can not let her get upset and cry......so any time she gets upset we drop everything and make her comfortable. So, we continue to wait and see what the next step will be for little Grace.

On the other side poor Gavin has an ear infection. He was really sick today and had a sleepy crabby day....poor little guy:( We had to keep the two very seperated today...so Gavin played in the main room and Grace was stationed in the Dining room. I had to have washed my hands over 15 times today!! I hope I also don't get sick, or we are really in trouble.

Other than that I am already tired of being stuck at home:) I miss talking with all of my friends at work:)

7 comments:

  1. We miss talking to you too! Call anytime! I would love to chat with you!

    She is freakin ADORABLE! That has got to be a pain to stop her from crying...talk about a tough task ahead. Aren't there times when babies are hard to console?! I sure hope it is months before she needs to have any more kinds of surgery! Hope Gavin is feeling better SOON! No sickness for you! Do you hear me!?! :)

    Seriously...call if you want/need to talk!

    Miss ya!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is that picture! She is so cute and Gavin, man is he a cutie...if your stuck at home, just call me...three kids 3 and under and I am usually found at home these days...just call!

    Love to you all,
    Kristin Bilik

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful Alexis!

    My husband's family can not BEAR to hear a child cry so maybe I should ship them to your house to help with Grace! They are the quickest soothers in the midwest! Anyways, it must be hard to be at home when you are used to being at work and around other adults. Also, if you are breastfeeding...that may help give Grace some immunity against illness. Still very important to wash hands like you are, but maybe it will make you feel a little less concerned about her catching everything. Poor little thing, she has endured so much already! She is adorable.

    -Deb (Josupait) Roach

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little girl you have! And is that a dimple in the chin???? You are all in our thoughts....
    Take care.... Love, Rick and Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace is beautiful!! You and Keith can and will do what ever has to be done for your children. It's just second nature. It may not seem easy now, but someday you'll look back at all the effort and love and smile because you did it all right!

    Love,
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby Grace is precious, she is a beautiful blessing from God. I don't know if this will help or not, when I am feeling down and life is overwhelming I try to look for the positives in eery situation. In your situation you are given this special time to be together, for the four of you to bound as a family there are many families out there running from here to there and have no time together. You are a role model for so many other mothers and wives; your sacrficial love for Grace, Gavin and Keith is amazing. Thank you for reminding all of what love really means. Blessings, Aunt Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kid! Miss ya at work. Grace is beautiful! Please call me if I can do anything or just to chat. I would love to come by and help / hang out and summer is almost here so I will be just hanging out. I know you were having a problem with your phone, but call, text or send an email if nothing else I can make you laugh with wedding wednesday stories(: Jamie

    ReplyDelete