Friday, May 1, 2009

Well today was much of the same as yesterday. She had low oxygen saturation levels due to her heart condition with the monitors going off every couple of minutes letting us know that her saturation levels were dropping.

The cardiologist has not returned my phone call to answer my questions about her desaturating for two days in a row, so I am frustrated and mad at this point. I do not know if her levels dropping so low will negativley impact her in any other way such as brain damage so I am very concerned.

I would like to sit there all day long so that I do not miss the cardiologist, but I do not have that option. So, it has been a stressful and frustrating day and I want answers now...but can't get them. In the mean while Grace will continue to desaturate and I can do nothing about it besides worry. I really hate not having any control over this situation.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for Grace...and for any answers you can get!

    Take care of yourself too, Gavin and Grace need you ~ you are no good to anyone if you get run down!

    I can sit with Grace at the hospital if you need to run home...just jot down some questions and if the cardiologist comes in I will be sure to get answers to them....I am available Saturday afternoon and anytime on Sunday...Monday too!!

    Thinking of you, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis,
    I am so sorry you and your family are having to go through all of this. It is so hard not knowing what will happen next on a daily basis. She is beautiful and so lucky to have such loving parents. You have my prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery. I do hope the doctors can do better at keeping you all informed. You all need answers, for your own comfort. Good luck and thanks for the updates.

    -Deb Josupait Roach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristin---I had them paged. There is no acceptable reason for them not to be calling me back with the way she is doing. They need to be compationate and inform families of what is going on.

    ReplyDelete