Monday, May 11, 2009

Wednesday is the BIG DAY!!!

Grace will be coming home for the first time on Wed. There is so much to do before she comes home. Tomorrow is a long day at the hospital for us. I will be there for her car seat challenge in the afternoon and then we will be back in the evening for training on all the monitors and oxygen that will be at home and on the go with her.

Wed. all of her monitors and oxygen machines will be delivered to the house and set up, then later in the evening we will be taking her home. We will have nursing visits several times a week and many weekly Dr. appointments. Who knew this little one was going to have such a full schedule at 3-weeks old:) I actually went out and bought a planner today just to keep all of our appointments straight. I do not want to miss any of our many visits. I am sure Grace can't wait to come home. The NICU is a very busy place, I am surprised she gets any sleep!! Pretty soon I will be the one getting any sleep. So everyone remember this is the time I still have some of my marbles....after a couple sleep deprived days and nights they are sure to be gone:)

8 comments:

  1. I could not be praying more for you, Keith, Gavin and Grace!!! Please know you are always in our thoughts and prayers! We are so happy for your family to finally be complete at home!!

    We love you, Kristin and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo!

    I'm sure you will be so happy to NOT be getting any sleep at night now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO EXCITED to read this news! I bet you are so happy and nervous at the same time! What a wonderful Wednesday it will be! Your planner will be a wonderful tool as a journal for her down the road as well! :)

    Call if you need anything. Thoughts and prayers with you all!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news! Gavin can finally eat his Cheerios and KNOW he is a big brother! :-)

    Thoughts & prayers with you all..as always!
    Love, Laura & Gary, Nick & Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations once again on the birth of beautiful Baby Grace and on her trip home. If you need any help I am a telephoone call away.
    Love,
    Aunt Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear if Baby Grace made it home to meet her big brother today?! I hope all is going smoothly for everyone! Thinking of you! I hope Grace is doing great with her transition home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! How exciting, Alexis!! Your family will all be home!! You are in our Thoughts and prayers!!

    Jen and Kinsley Wheeler

    ReplyDelete