Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday--April 28th

Today we were able to hold Grace for the first time since she was born. Keith was able to hold her briefly in the delivery room and since I was in the other room pumping when we first arrived he was able to hold her today even before me:) I guess I'll forgive him for that one, after all he is her father:P

I did end up hogging her for the rest of the time we were at the hospital. I could have stayed there all day holding her if Icould have.

Grace has been taken off of all the medications. They started feeding her today. She is given only 10cc at a time and the nurse says it seems to be a tease and she gets really mad. This is good because it means she wants to eat. Hopefully they will up the amount tomorrow during rounds. She continues to be stable with taking away all of the medications, and as far as I know I believe she is off of the oxygen completely as well.

When I called a little while ago the PDA was still slightly open, so we still do not know for sure the surgery was effective. Hopefully it will be closed by tomorrow. We will have to continue to wait and see.

She is doing so well. It has only been a short time in her little life, but she has proven to be one of the stongest people I know. Home might be in the near future for little Grace, but I will continue to take it day by day.

7 comments:

  1. I am SO happy for you all! She is one heck of a fighter! She is so precious I could eat her up! :) You look so happy too! So glad you got to hold her and that she is off all meds right now! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's beautiful!! and lookin good with no tubes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful the miracle of life is. Every day Baby Grace just keeps getting closer to coming home and meeting her big brother, Gavin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryane Barton, SLP in 202April 29, 2009 at 12:56 PM

    She's a cutie pie! I'm so glad you got to hold her. I can't even imagine how hard all of this is. The SLPs are thinking of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! What a great photo of you holding Grace... so nice to see.
    All of you continue to be in our thoughts.

    Rick and Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine what that felt like to finally hold baby Grace. I am so happy for you and Keith.

    Big brother Gavin better get ready sounds like his little sister will be coming home soon.

    More prayers coming your way,
    Love, Aunt Roberta

    ReplyDelete