Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday April 26th

Today I was discharged from the hospital. I was able to see Grace at about 5:00 AM and two other times before I left today. She was a little more alert than she has been, moving her arms on her own and crying. Although I could not hear her cry due to the feeding tube, it was beautiful to witness the faces of her cry. I was able to hear her cry right after she was born, but I have not heard her since.

Today she was taken off of all the medication used to sedate her. She has still been very sleepy and grogy through the day. They also decreased the amount of breaths that the breathing machine was giving her. She is still using a tube to breath and still very sleepy, but hopefully tomorrow we might be able to talk about taking the tube out.

We are still uncertain if her first surgery was a sucess, so we are still waiting to find out. She is still stable...so, we are still doing well.

I myself am so sleepy today. Goodnight all, hopefully more good news tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Great news Alexis! I hope you are able to rest while at home tonight.

    Take care of yourself too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis,
    She looks like a fighter! I live in Joliet, no idea how close that is to you, but if you need anything, pets fed, plants watered, food, etc. please don't hesitate to ask. I almost lost my 1st daughter 3 times during my pregnancy very touch and go from 23wks on, I'm sure the stress is quadrupled when you are watching her beautiful face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jocelyn, you are probably close to me...I am not that far from Silver Cross in Joliet...so I don't know how close you are to that. We are ok for this week, but as things progress we will probably need some extra help.

    I've been trying to take things day to day. I had a rough day on Sat.--pretty much cried all day--but I have felt a little better since then. It really depends on the hour:) But we will get through this!!

    ReplyDelete