Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sat. April 25th

I was able to spend about an hour with Grace this morning. She is doing well. She has ben very heavily sedated so she is not very responsive. I have not even seen her eyes yet. The nurse said they were going to decrease the sedation today, and that she will be more responsive by later this evening. She even said I might get to see her eyes tonight!! She needed a blood transfusion today due to all the blood tests she has to endure as well as her surgery from yesterday. The neonatologist said she is looking good for everything she is going through. She had an ultrasound of her whole body today, just to assure that the rest of her thousands of parts are functioning appropriatley. So I am sure we will be updated with any of that information sometime today or tomorrow.

The prostaglanden medication will be stopped sometime this afternoon. This will let us know if her first surgery was helpful to her heart or not and whether she will need another surgery shortly.

I just want to pick her up and hold her and kiss her. She is so sweat, it is so hard just to see her lying in the bed not able to do anything. Even just to hear her cry again would be a relief.

I love you all and thank you all for your support and loving words.

Alexis:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Alexis, my heart aches that you can't hold her yet! Soon I hope you will be able to do that. I have a friend who has a blog as well that I will forward to you soon. One of her children has gone through a lot of heart issues as well and maybe some of what she has written will help you through this time as well?

    Can't wait for an update on how she is doing! I hope you get to hear her cry soon!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just give her a big kiss and love her lots. She will cry soon. No doubt about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful. Congratulations to you and Keith. We think of you often and are so glad to hear that things are progressing well. I spoke with your Father-in-law today and he says that you are doing well too, and may be released soon. So good to hear that. It must be very hard not to hold your daughter. Take care Alexis.... Rick and Lori...

    ReplyDelete