Saturday, June 13, 2009

Surgery this Thursday

Grace will be undergoing open heart surgery this Thursday the 18th. They are replacing her pulmunary valve with and artificial valve and enlarging the pulmonary artery with gortex. She will also have a shunt put in between the aorta and pulmonary artery. Her saturation levels just have not improved and it is time for more help for her little heart.

This week will be very busy for us with Grace and her surgery. I was not expecting this to be so soon. The last time I spoke with the cardiologists this was not to take place for another couple of weeks, but they moved it up....way up. I will try to update more frequently during this time to keep everyone in the loop. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...Grace really needs it and so do I:)

2 comments:

  1. Alexis, you both are always in my thoughts! What time is the surgery? What time do you all have to be there? I take it the surgery will be done at Christ right? Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I have spread your story to others as well. So, there are lots of people praying for you, Grace, your family and the hospital staff that will be working on Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alexis,

    My friend is in Italy and is staying at a convent in Santa Margarhita. All the sisters are praying for Baby Grace. And I have more prayers being said by The Sisters of St. Clare in Delray Beach.

    That little heart of Graces' is going to do just fine!

    Love,
    Aunt Judie

    ReplyDelete